This policy addresses the connection of a wireless access point/router to a Colorado State University provided hard-wired network jack.
- Personal wireless access points/routers are not allowed in the Residence Halls, International House, or buildings 1-33 at University Village. Wireless routers are currently permitted at University Village 1700 (buildings 51-58) and South Aggie Village.
- Residence Halls have a dense population. Resident installed wireless would interfere with other residents’ wireless devices, as well as the CSU installed wireless access points. As a result, wireless devices are not permitted within the Residence Halls.
- Where permitted, personal wireless access points/routers must be registered and properly secured using an encryption key. If you need help securing your wireless device, read the wireless security instructions, or call our Help Desk at (970) 491-4734 to arrange for a technician to assist you. The Help Desk is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Anyone installing an unsecured wireless device that allows unrestricted access to CSU’s network will have their network connection disabled and will receive a letter of reprimand.
- Housing Technology staff have the authority to take appropriate action when this policy has been violated, or as otherwise required to maintain the integrity and functionality of the University’s IT environment. This may include, but is not limited to, traffic analysis and disabling access to individual or multiple computers.