- Remove personal property from room, bathrooms, closets, drawers, and vanities
- Return all University property to its appropriate area – including items borrowed from the front desk and cups, plates and silverware from the dining centers.
Clean your room thoroughly to avoid charges:
- Remove writing, marks, and residue from walls, ceilings, and doors
- Clean up bathroom areas in suite halls
- Vacuum the carpet in and immediately outside your room, including under beds
- Empty all trash/recycling to the designated dumpsters outside your hall and wash out bins (DO NOT leave it in hallways, restrooms, fire towers, or other common areas)
- If you have rented a Micro-Fridge, empty and clean it, then leave it in your room (with fridge door open) when you check out
- Close and lock windows, and close drapes (ask your RA for more information about securing windows)
- Turn lights off
- Close and lock doors
- Contact your RA before finals week to get any items out of storage by May 6
- If you are returning to the halls next fall, starting May 9 you may store your properly boxed and tagged belongings in a storage area at the hall you’ll be living in next year (you will need RA assistance for access).
Note: To avoid the last-minute rush, begin packing early and start taking things home during the week/weekends prior to finals, if you have the opportunity.