In our on-going mission to provide housing that meets the diverse needs and interests of ALL students, we are proud to offer Open Housing in designated spaces in Summit Hall. Open Housing provides students a community where roommates and/or suitemates of any gender can live together in a more integrated environment. Open Housing is also reflective of the housing choices/opportunities available to students off-campus where they can select their roommate of choice. Some examples of students who may be interested in Open Housing include but are not limited to:
- Students with a disability wishing to room with a student attendant of the opposite sex
- Cultural accommodations, such as living with a student relative or guardian
- Students who identify as transgender or gender non-conforming requesting a roommate based on comfort and support rather than biological sex (i.e. friend or ally)
- Depressed/anxious student requesting a non-binary gender roommate for support
- Siblings, cousins, and childhood friends of varying gender identities
- Students seeking a mixed gender housing option
To request Open Housing, fill out the online housing application and select Summit Hall Open Housing as your #1 hall choice. Complete the required application questions that come up when you continue to the next page.