In our on-going mission to provide housing that meets the diverse needs and interests of ALL students, we are proud to offer All Gender & Open Housing in designated spaces in Summit Hall. All Gender & Open Housing provides students a community where roommates and/or suitemates of any gender can live together in a more integrated environment. All Gender & Open Housing is also reflective of the housing choices/opportunities available to students off-campus where they can select their roommate of choice. Some examples of students who may be interested in All Gender & Open Housing include but are not limited to:
- Students with a disability wishing to room with a student attendant of the opposite sex
- Cultural accommodations, such as living with a student relative or guardian
- Students who identify as transgender or gender non-conforming requesting a roommate based on comfort and support rather than biological sex (i.e. friend or ally)
- Depressed/anxious student requesting a non-binary gender roommate for support
- Siblings, cousins, and childhood friends of varying gender identities
- Students seeking a mixed gender housing option
To request All Gender & Open Housing, fill out the online housing application and select Summit Hall Open Housing as your #1 hall choice. Complete the required application questions that come up when you continue to the next page.