1. Work scheduled desk shifts and find a replacement Desk Staff for any shifts they are unable to work.
2. Ensure high quality customer service to exceed expectations of those who interact with our desk. This includes: answering questions, resolving complaints and issues, referring students to appropriate staff and resources, and other tasks as needed.
3. Assist in the daily operation of the community desk and residence hall(s) in conjunction with the CDM and RD.
4. Work closely and communicate regularly with hall staff in order to ensure daily tasks and operations are completed effectively and efficiently.
5. Log and maintain accountability with mail and packages to meet all federal, state, University and department laws, policies, and guidelines.
6. Provide temporary pass keys to residents and maintain all temporary keys during shifts.
7. Answer office phone, adhering to Housing & Dining Services phone etiquette standards.
Staff and Administrative Functions
1. Attend required training activities during August, January, and throughout the academic year.
2. Assist with hall and administrative duties as assigned by the hall staff, and where appropriate.
3. Know about, respond to, and follow up on floor/hall emergencies/procedures, policy violations, and know appropriate staff and resources to contact.
4. Actively support other members of the residence hall staff; work collaboratively as a team.
5. Support and adhere to University and Housing & Dining Services policies, regulations, and procedures.
6. Complete paperwork in a thorough and timely manner.
7. Inform supervisor of desk and facility issues and submit online work orders as needed.
8. Assist with facility issues in the community/hall(s) as directed by CDM and RD.
9. Conduct and maintain regular inventory of the desk supplies, material, and hall keys through regular audits.
10. Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
11. Support and participate in community development initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusion
1. Attend training and on-going development for Desk Staff to promote inclusive excellence when working with those who interact with the desk and among the staff.
2. Connect students with resources on campus including Student Diversity Programs and Services offices.
3. Report student behavior that involves incidents of bias based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, to the RD/ARD, and in accordance with CSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy: http://oeo.colostate.edu/non-discrimination-statement
4. Uphold CSU’s Title IX “Responsible Employee” responsibilities, which include reporting all incidents of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, relationship violence, stalking, and retaliation through supervisors, per CSU’s policy: https://oeo.colostate.edu/title-ix-sexual-assault-sexual-violence-sexual-harassment/
5. Participate in CSU, Housing & Dining Services, and University Housing trainings to continue learning about diversity and inclusion.