The Live Green Team, sponsored by Housing & Dining Services, consists of student and staff volunteers who want to make a difference and are taking environmental action.
- Meetings are held once a month in the Laurel Village Pavilion conference room (dates for fall semester will be announced soon).
Live Green Team Programs
Recycling and Reuse Programs
- Cardboard Corrals: During Move In each year, the Live Green Team sets up “cardboard corrals” to collect cardboard boxes and packaging for recycling. Volunteers help students and parents break down boxes and divert recyclables from the trash bins.
- Leave It Behind: Each year during finals week, the Live Green Team pairs up with Facilities Management's Intergrated Solid Waste team to host a charity program to encourage students moving out of the residence halls to donate unwanted items to local charities. Items collected include clothing, electronics, non-perishable food, furniture, and school supplies. In 2014, 18 tons of material was donated to the program.
Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation
Outreach and Events
- Earth Week
- Trash Audit: To create awareness of RecycleMania, a trash audit is conducted on campus each spring.
- Programs & Bulletin Boards: Each semester, bulletin boards are sent to the residence halls with information about recycling and living green. Programs are also available to check out. Some programs include "Recycling Challenge," "Live Green Jeopardy,"
- Green Walking Tour
Interested in joining? Contact Tim Broderick at Tim.Broderick@colostate.edu or call (970) 491-3871