Residential Learning Communities
Residential Learning Communities (RLCs) are programs organized to introduce and integrate academic and social learning in residence hall settings through faculty involvement.
If you’ve already submitted your housing application and are interested in joining a RLC, call the assignments office at (970) 491-4719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information regarding space availability.
In our on-going mission to provide housing that meets the diverse needs and interests of ALL students, we are proud to offer Open Housing in designated spaces in Summit Hall. Open Housing provides students a community where roommates and/or suitemates of any gender can live together in a more integrated environment. Open Housing is also reflective of the housing choices/opportunities available to students off-campus where they can select their roommate of choice. Some examples of students who may be interested in Open Housing include but are not limited to:
- Students with a disability wishing to room with a student attendant of the opposite sex
- Cultural accommodations, such as living with a student relative or guardian
- Students who identify as transgender or gender non-conforming requesting a roommate based on comfort and support rather than biological sex (i.e. friend or ally)
- Depressed/anxious student requesting a non-binary gender roommate for support
- Siblings, cousins, and childhood friends of varying gender identities (i.e. male/female siblings or twins)
- Students seeking a mixed gender housing option
To request Open Housing, fill out the online housing application and select Summit Hall Open Housing as your #1 hall choice. Complete the required application questions that come up when you continue to the next page.
Substance Free Housing
If you are committed to enjoying college without using alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, this option in Summit Hall and Westfall Hall offers an environment to support that decision. Students who choose to abstain from alcohol and/or drugs for personal, religious, or health reasons, as well as those from alcoholic backgrounds or recovering from addictions, are invited to participate. You must complete an application and be accepted into this community. To apply:
- Select Living Substance Free in the RLC section of your housing application
- Complete the application questions that come up when you continue to the next page
- If you have already completed your housing application and did not select the Living Substance Free Community, please contact the Residence Life Assignments Office at email@example.com or (970) 491-4719 to request the application.
Hall assignments for transfer students will begin in late March. To honor the freshman live-in requirement, assignments for first year students will be priority but premium designated spaces have been set aside for upperclass and returning students.
- Single rooms, double rooms, suite rooms, and designated upperclass housing available for transfer students
- Transfer students will be assigned to the Transfer Communities in Allison, Braiden, and Summit halls, which offer transfer students support, connections and resources. Learn more about the Transfer Community
- Apply through the online Housing Application (eID required)
Returning students get first choice of rooms! Visit the Live On page for details. Room Selection for students wishing to return to the residence halls for Fall 2016 begins in November.
Year 2 @ CSU Community (Laurel Village)
Residence Life and Orientation & Transition Programs (OTP) are co-sponsoring the Year 2 @ CSU community in Laurel Village. Forty spaces in suite-style rooms have been designated for students to live in a community that is focused on the second year experience. Career workshops, outdoor adventure experiences, service learning projects and experiences will be part of this year-long residential experience. This themed community will ask residents to sign a learning agreement. No class is required to participate in this community. Any current first year student is welcomed to apply to live in this exciting new community for the next academic year!